Luxury hotel consortium Pride of Britain is a name worth getting familiar with. We give you the lowdown on why we think it is living up to its strapline of ‘the art of great hospitality’.
1. Pride of Britain Hotels consists of 48 member hotels with a collective turnover of £233m, employing some 5,000 staff
2. The consortium has a limit of 50 members
3. The non-for-profit PoB was founded in 1982
4. 18 commercial partners / sponsors are involved, including And So To Bed, Temple Spa, Jacuzzi, Sky In-Room, Twinings and G P & J Baker.
5. There are six employees working in the Pride of Britain head office.
6. The value of centrally placed telephone reservations is £560,000 per annum.
7. Electronic reservations via the PoB / Synxis booking engine total £12m per annum.
8. The number of customers on the PoB database adds up to 92,000 (growing at approximately 4,000 per quarter).
9. Royal Warrant holders: The Goring, Hebridean Princess, Moet & Chandon, Twinings, G P & J Baker.
10. The distribution of the printed PoB directory is 50,000.