St James Hotel Nottingham is owned and run by Harjeet and Richard Johal.
1. In 1642, King Charles I raised the Royal Standard on the spot where the St James Hotel sits to mark the beginning of the civil war.
2. St James Hotel uses 720 eggs a week to make its delicious breakfasts.
3. There are 288 pillows in the St James Hotel.
4. There is a grand piano in the penthouse (one of only three hotel rooms in the UK).
5. The longest serving member of staff has been here since 1986 when the hotel first opened.
6. The hotel’s bar only serves premium spirit brands and specialises in independent brands has 11 signature cocktails.
7. A British prime-minster once stayed in the hotel when he was in office.
8. All the furniture in the hotel was made within 20 miles of the hotel.
9. All of the art in the hotel is from local artists.
10. 80% of the food used in the kitchen is from local sources.