- This year’s Fair will host +100 sessions, spanning: Industry Briefings; Masterclasses; Pop-Up Tastings; and Speakers’ Corner. Renowned Australian winemaker Larry Cherubino will host a Pop Up Tasting; there will be a Riesling Masterclass featuring the legendary Dr Ernest Loosen; and in Speakers’ Corner, “When chocolate meets beer”, will see Rupert Thompson, of Hogs Back and Helen Pattinson of Montezuma’s, discuss their recent collaboration – Montezuma’s Chocolate Lager.
- 100s of winemakers from all corners of the wine world will descend on Olympia. Taste with the likes of: Katie Jones of Languedoc estate, Domaine Jones, who will launch a limited production red and white duo – La Perle Rare White and La Perle Rare Red; Lizelle Gerber from South Africa’s Boschendal estate, over to launch an on-trade specific range; and Larry McKenna, winemaker at Martinborough-based Escarpment who produces definitive Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris and Chardonnay.
- Explore the new trend in fruit flavoured wines. Free Run Wines will show its Manavista range, including its new Pear & Elderflower flavour – 5.5% abv, with a general spritz. In Speakers’ Corner, Vana Koutsomitis, runner up in last year’s The Apprentice (broadcast on BBC1), will talk about her VinobyVana brand, a range of fruit flavoured wines.
- Diversity is key at The Fair. Visitors will be able to taste wines from more than 50 countries, including Kazakhstan, Madagascar and Ecuador, alongside the more familiar wines of France, Italy, Spain, Australia and Chile.
- The Fair has collaborated with glassware specialist, Riedel, to offer an exclusive deal for visitors. For only £3.00, a Riedel glass can be purchased – to be exchanged each day, or taken home. Visitors will be able to buy a box of six Riedel glasses during the last two hours of the Fair for only £3 a stem (RRP £12). ISO tasting glasses will be free of charge.