Condé Nast Traveller has revealed which hotels in the UK have made the magazine’s list of top 20 establishments, as voted for by its readers.
The magazine’s 17th Annual Readers’ Travel Awards saw the luxurious boutique Chewton Glen in Hampshire take the top spot, climbing five spots from last year. 2013 winner Raymond Blanc’s Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons in Oxfordshire came second, while Babington House in Somerset slid down one place to take third.
There was just one new entry, London’s Soho Hotel.
In terms of locations, London was voted as readers’ favourite UK city for the fourth year running, thanks to its vibrant nightlife.
But it was Brighton & Hove walked away with the inaugural best UK city for restaurants and bars award.
Edinburgh took the number two spot overall, with Bath in third place. Cambridge came in sixth but was awarded for its cultural offering, just ahead of rival Oxford, while Glasgow was voted the most welcoming city.
The official top 20 is as follows:
1. Chewton Glen, Hampshire
2. Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, Oxfordshire
3. Babington House, Somerset
4. Hotel Tresanton, Cornwall
5. The Pig, Hampshire
6. The Goring, London
7. Lime Wood, Hampshire
8. Barnsley House, Gloucestershire
9. The Gleneagles Hotel, Perthshire
10. The Soho Hotel, London
11. Coworth Park, Berkshire
12. Calcot Manor, Oxfordshire
13. Lucknam Park Hotel & Spa, Wiltshire
14. The Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh
15. The Wheatsheaf Inn, Gloucestershire
16. Gidleigh Park, Devon
17. The Scarlet, Cornwall
18. The Royal Crescent Hotel, Bath
19. Covent Garden Hotel, London
20. The Idle Rocks, Cornwall