Considerate Hoteliers (CH) has announced the launch of the Considerate Hotel of the Year Awards, accolades that celebrate the best in environmental, sustainable, ethical and socially responsible performance.
The Awards, first launched in 1992, invite hotels from across the world to enter, and the 2015 accolades see the addition of two new categories, Considerate Spa & Wellness Award of the Year and Considerate Slow Food Chef of the Year.
Entry is free and open to all its UK and international members of CH, but it is also open to other non-member hotels for an entry fee of £50. Each Award will be judged by an expert panel from a range of sectors, covering a wide skill set, before the final winners are revealed at the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park London on July 3rd.
The categories this year are as follows:
• International Considerate Hotel of the Year
• UK Considerate Hotel of the Year
• Considerate Marketing & Guest Relations of the Year
• Considerate Hotelier of the Year ?
• Considerate Supplier of the Year?
• Small Considerate Hotel of the Year
• Considerate Housekeeping Team of the Year
• Considerate Slow Food Chef of the Year (Urban & Country)
• Considerate Spa & Wellness Award of the Year
• Considerate Good Egg Award (within the gift of Considerate Hoteliers)
Commenting on this year’s launch, John Firrell MIH, chairman of Considerate Hoteliers said: “We look forward to this year’s applications with great anticipation, particularly to our two new categories as they highlight two areas within the hotels, which contribute substantially to the bottom line and therefore have a huge environmental impact too. Both the kitchen as well as spas, have become stand-alone businesses attracting clients through their innovative offerings, consequently highlighting their sustainable initiatives as being equally as important. This year there really is something for everyone. Good luck to all entrants!”