Cumbria hotel fire may have started in tumble dryer


by Elizabeth Mistry

The owner of an historic hotel in Troutbeck, Cumbria which was partly destroyed by a fire last week has spoken of his “devastation” at the “extensive” damage.

The Queen’s Head Hotel, a Grade II listed building, lost large sections of the roof in the fire, William Robinson, managing director of owner Robinsons Brewery told the North West Mail:

Story continues below

“We’re extremely grateful to the fire service for all they’ve done.”

A spokesman for Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service told the newspaper the fire was believed to have started in a tumble dryer at the back of the hotel.

Tags : cumbriafireQueen's headRobinsonstroutbeck
Staff Writer

The author Staff Writer

Leave a Response

Protected with IP Blacklist CloudIP Blacklist Cloud