A hotel in Pitlochry Perthshire had to evacuate 200 guests celebrating Hogmanay as a fire ripped through the property in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
The Fishers Hotel in Pitlochry reported a fire at around 5.30am on the morning of January 1, with around 55 firefighters called the tackle the blaze that started in the roof.
The hotel was evacuated shortly after 6.00am and there were no reports of any injuries.
The Fishers Hotel is home to 137 bedrooms and has a maximum capacity of 180 guests.
At the time of the fire, the property was holding a four-day new year break including a Hogmanay Ball and fireworks display.
Hotel management confirmed they had carried out a final sweep of the building and the residents are thought to have been evacuated with no injuries.
Roads surrounding the property were closed for the rest of the day and the street party planned for 1pm was cancelled.