The young pioneering boutique brand, Flat Cap Hotels, has announced that phase 1 of the development of its second property is now complete.
The brand, founded and operated by brothers Oliver and Dominic Heywood, acquired the Grade-II listed The Courthouse in Knutsford in February 2016, with renovation work commencing early this year.
Now phase 1 of the development is complete, with phase 2 scheduled to commence later this year.
Flat Cap Hotels has sensitively restored the historic building, which dates back to 1818 and was the former Knutsford Crown Court.
The Court Room, now south Cheshire’s largest ballroom, can host up to 400 guests; the Barristers Bar and Restaurant is a 150-cover restaurant led by executive chef, Stephen Tuke, formerly of the Grosvenor in Chester.
The Rooftop Gardens, which will be an additional events space as well as a champagne and cocktail bar, will also open in the coming months.
Accommodation will come online later this year, with 10 bedrooms, while 40 more bedrooms at the rear of the property will be available in 2018, marking phase 2 of the project.
Flat Cap Hotels was founded in 2015 by Cheshire born and bred brothers Dominic and Oliver Heywood.
The Vicarage Hotel in Holmes Chapel, Cheshire was successfully launched in spring 2015 as the first property in its portfolio.