The winner of the General Manager of the Year Award was Pedro Bento from Longueville Manor.
This category was a new addition to this year’s Boutique Hotelier Personal Service Star Awards and was met with a tremendous response from the industry.
Pedro beat off some respected competition to secure the judges’ votes. Having progressed through the ranks at Longueville Manor since he started out there 28 years ago, Pedro’s approach to perfection impacts on every area of the area.
Judges were impressed that Pedro knows every regular by name and said that he has managed the hotel through a recession, a period of tourism decline and ensured the service and standards have never faltered.
Pedro is pictured receiving his award from Zoe Monk, Editor of Boutique Hotelier.
– Daniel Thompson, Mullion Cove Hotel
– Michele Mella, Barnsley House and the Village Pub
– Peter Brighouse, The William Cecil at Stamford
– Paula Ellis, Twr y Felin
– Andrew Foulkes, Abbey Bath
– Andrew Marsh, The Nadler Liverpool
– Adam Rowledge, Georgian House Hotel
– Tim Seward, Cliff House Hotel