The Master Innholder Scholarships are now open for applications, for the 2017 intake of its management training courses.
The fully-funded scholarships are open to both general managers and heads of departments regardless of where they work within the UK hospitality industry.
There are a total of four programmes on offer that can be applied for, and include both hotel schools in the UK and abroad.
The programmes available count some of hospitality’s top names as past scholars and would be a firm stepping stone for managers and heads of department who have the potential to go very far in the industry.
Candidates must demonstrate clear management potential and priority is given to those who are in the greatest need of financial support recognising that small, independent businesses can lack the resources to offer comprehensive training opportunities to their management.
The generosity of the Worshipful Company of Innholders, the Savoy Educational Trust and the Lord Forte Foundation who help fund the scholarships, has meant that the following opportunities are:
The Lausanne Executive Education Programme, École Hôtelière de Lausanne, Switzerland
- 6 days of study available throughout the year
- Learn from expert hospitality gurus at the École Hôtelière de Lausanne
- Your choice of specialist modules in the following areas: Customer Service, Hospitality Operations Management, People Development, Creating Value in Hospitality and Business Development in Hospitality
- Candidates will show the ambition and potential to become general managers in the future
Cranfield Talent Development Programme, Cranfield University, Buckinghamshire
- A 12-day residential programme run in February-March, June-July or October-November
- Combines key managerial knowledge with personal development
- Area of study: Accelerating Managerial Performance
- Candidates will be young professionals who want to move their career forward rapidly and whose next role should be a general manager position
The Professional Development Programme at Cornell University, Cornell University, New York, USA
- A 10-day residential programme based on a selection of intensive 3-day courses on hospitality management run in June and July
- Training suited to both your past experience and learning goals
- Fields of study include: Financial Management; Food, Beverage, and Restaurant Management; Human Resource Management; Leadership; Marketing; Property-Asset Management and Real Estate; Revenue Management; Strategic Management
- Candidates will have a minimum of two years’ experience in the hospitality industry and will be line-level managers or heads of departments
The General Managers Programme at Cornell University, Cornell University, New York, USA
- A comprehensive 10-day programme targeting strategic operations-level issues run in January and June.
- Fields of study include: Financial Management; Human Resource Management; Leadership; Marketing; Property-Asset Management and Real Estate; Strategic Management
- Candidates will have already reached general management positions
Jonathan Raggett FIH MI, chairman of the Master Innholders, says: “We are keen to receive scholarship applications from a wide breadth of the UK hotel industry. The Master Innholders is committed to the industry, its future, and to developing the people who work in it.
“It doesn’t matter whether you run a B&B in Dorset, a boutique hotel in Brighton or a five-star hotel in Yorkshire, we want to hear from you.”
To date, more than 200 candidates have successfully completed the Master Innholder Scholarships.
For details of how to apply, please visit www.masterinnholders.co.uk/scholarship. Applications must be received by 30 June 2016.