It’s been announced that 11 leading hoteliers from the UK hospitality industry have been selected to join The Master Innholders.
Following the annual applications drive in November and a rigorous application process, which included the submission of a 1,500 word paper and interview in front of a panel, the 11 were chosen after demonstrating their current contribution and support to the wider hotel sector.
The hoteliers elected are:
- Gareth Banner, general manager, St. Pancras Renaissance
- Robert Cook, chief operating officer, Macdonald Hotels
- Graham Copeman, group hotels director, The Zetter Group
- Patrick Dempsey OBE, former MD, Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants
- Ross Grieve, managing director, Seaham Hall
- Michele Mella, general manager, Barnsley House Hotel
- Daniel Pedreschi, general manager, Park Plaza Westminster Bridge
- Oliver Raggett, area general manager, Apex Hotels London
- Kenneth Speirs, hotel director, Lime Wood
- Julian Tomlin, general manager, Pennyhill Park Hotel
- Michelle Wells, general manager, Park Plaza County Hall
Jonathan Raggett, chairman of The Master Innholders, said: “I am delighted to welcome these new members to The Master Innholders. Not only do they join an organisation committed to promoting the highest standards in hotel management, but also a friendship and support network of some of the industry’s most talented.”
The Master Innholders has become a presigitious badge of honour within the hospitality sector and develops managers, influences standards and promotes study, discussion and research across the industry.
These latest recruits add to the organisation’s circa 140 members, all of whom are, or have been, prominent hoteliers, dedicated and committed to promoting best practice in the hospitality industry.