Obsession, the hugely successful gastronomic event from Lancashire-based boutique hotel Northcote, has revealed the line up for its 17th year.
This year, 23 chefs with 16 Michelin stars between them will travel from their respective locations the world to join the event and cook their own Obsession menus during the 17-night bonanza, taking place from January 20 to February 5.
Nigel Haworth, Northcote’s chef patron, started Obsession in 2001 as a celebration of ‘great food, wine and a meeting of friends, old and new’, and now it continues to go from strength to strength.
In addition to each menu Craig Bancroft, managing director at Northcote will add a wine flight to each course.
This year, Obsession 17 includes the following chefs:
- Friday 20th January – Michael Wignall (2 stars) – Gidleigh Park, Dartmoor, UK
- Saturday 21st January – Gareth Ward (1 star) – Ynyshir Hall, Wales
- Sunday 22nd January – John Williams (1 star) – The Ritz, London, UK
- Monday 23rd January – Gennaro Esposito (2 stars) – La Torre Del Saracino, Vico Equense, Italy
- Tuesday 24th January – Ladies Night – Lisa Goodwin-Allen – Northcote, Lancashire, UK; Chantelle Nicholson, Tredwells, London, UK; Claire Clarke; Anna Hansen, The Modern Pantry, London, UK
- Wednesday 25th January – Michael O’Hare (1 star) – The Man Behind the Curtain, Leeds, UK
- Thursday 26th January – Pasi Petanen – Sydney, and Daniel Puskas – Sixpenny, Sydney, Australia
- Friday 27th January – Hans Neuner (2 stars) – Ocean, Vila Vita Parc, Algarve, Portugal
- Saturday 28th January – Chinese New Year – Year of the Rooster – Zhao Guang You, JE Mansions, Beijing, China and Lu Yao – Yihe Mansions, Nanjing, China
- Sunday 29th January – Ana Ros – Hisa Franko, Slovenia
- Monday 30th January – Justin Cogley – Aubergine at L’Auberge, Carmel, USA
- Tuesday 31st January – James Close (2 stars) – Raby Hunt, Darlington, UK
- Wednesday 1st February – – The California Boys – Justin Cogley, Aubergine at L’Auberge, Carmel, USA; Ben Spungen; Tony Baker
- Thursday 2nd February – Isaac McHale (1 star) – The Clove Club, London, UK
- Friday 3rd February – Takagi Kazuo (2 stars) – Zeniya, Ashiya, Japan
- Saturday 4th February – Atul Kochhar (1 star) – Benares, London, UK
- Sunday 5th February – Nigel Haworth (1 star) – Northcote, Lancashire, UK
Nigel Haworth, chef patron at Northcote said: “Obsession is now in its 17th year and its great reputation means that it is self-propelling; as soon as we finish the event, we’re already thinking about the next year and how it can evolve to be even better than the last. This year we have an eclectic mix of chefs that I’m really excited about, covering all spheres of cooking from all over the world and with a new focus on the Americas. It’s important to have this variety as many guests come to a number of nights during the event, so I want to make sure there are plenty of appealing options.”