Following a regional final at The Langham Hotel in London, the top 8 finalists have now been chosen in this year’s Gold Scholarship competition.
After putting their service skills to the test and proving their excellence through a series of challenges, the final 8 will now go on to compete in the national final, held in February at The Connaught Hotel in London.
The finalists were whittled down to 8 from 24 front of house stars, competing in a range of tasks, including customer service, cocktail making and an interview.
Now in its fourth year, The Gold Service Scholarship is an annual competition for young, front of house professionals working in the hospitality industry.
The overall winner will receive a bespoke prize package of mentoring opportunities, travel and placements from a group of some of the most senior service professionals in the country.
This year’s National Finalists include:
• Sophia Warland, RAF Odiham, Hampshire
• Christoph Schrottenbaum, Dinner at Heston Blumenthal, London
• Tom Noller, Sexy Fish, London
• Stephanie Beresforde, Scott’s Restaurant, London
• James Parum, Buckingham Palace, London
• Jennifer Santner, Sky Garden, London
• Innes Haywood, L’Enclume, Cumbria
• Charlie Lee, Fera at Claridge’s, London
Edward Griffiths, chairman of the judges panel and trustee of The Gold Service Scholarship, said: “The standard of this year’s competition is extremely high and the Regional Final really showcased the talent and tenacity of the competitors. Our top eight represent the best of the best in front of house service and all have, without a doubt, a bright future in the industry.”