The evening of the 21st October will see the first ever Boutique Hotelier Personal Service Star Awards celebrated at an exclusive event at Hilton Olympia.
The Boutique Hotelier Personal Service Star Awards have been introduced to recognise and reward the hard work and passion that we witness from thousands of hospitality professionals and on 21st October, will culminate at a special awards night on the first evening of the Independent Hotel Show 2014, just a stone’s throw from the exhibition centre at Hilton Olympia.
The event will run from 7.30pm, starting after the IHS14 exhibition’s own set of awards, and will see hoteliers and members of staff gather together before the hotly-anticipated winners of each category are revealed.
There is still time to nominate your members of staff and secure your invite to the event, and the process couldn’t be simpler. If you are working at a hotel or in the hospitality industry, all you need to do is download the nomination form, fill it out and send it across to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th October.
A shortlist will then be drawn up before the final winners are revealed.
The list of categories is as follows:
• Boutique Hotelier Bar Manager of the Year
• Boutique Hotelier Restaurant Manager of the Year
• Boutique Hotelier Front of House Manager of the Year – sponsored by Gilchrist & Soames
• Boutique Hotelier Housekeeping Manager of the Year – sponsored by Mitre Linen
• Boutique Hotelier Concierge of the Year
• Boutique Hotelier Customer service star of the Year
• Boutique Hotelier Sales Star of the Year
• Boutique Hotelier Spa Manager of the Year
• Boutique Hotelier Reservations / Revenue Manager of the Year – sponsored by IDeaS
• Boutique Hotelier Shining Star Award – sponsored by Corby of Windsor
Zoe Monk, Editor, Boutique Hotelier, says: "We are delighted to be hosting the biggest party and launching these important awards alongside the Independent Hotel Show on October 21st.
"The Hilton Olympia is the perfect venue for the first year of the Boutique Hotelier Personal Service Stars Awards. It’s right on the doorstep of the exhibition, so our award finalists and the guests of our sponsors don’t have to worry about travelling far.
"This is going to be an exciting and enjoyable night, and also a great place to continue with business conversations in a less formal atmosphere than within the Independent Hotel Show. The industry has shown huge enthusiasm for awards that recognise the huge efforts of exceptional hotel staff, and we intend to give them a great evening.
"We would like to thank all our sponsors who are supporting these awards. These companies recognise that the boutique hotel industry would not function without the hard work and personal service delivered by legions of boutique hotel employees."