15% of travellers take multi-generational holidays

Family work

Multi-generational holidays are growing in popularity allowing extended families to spend time together, with 15% of UK travellers now opting to take holidays as a big family group.

This is according to a new survey commissioned by the House of Daniel Thwaites, questioning 1,028 respondents during May and June 2019.

With everyone having such busy lives 60% of the respondents stated that holidaying in multi-generational groups provides a way to spend quality time together. 

Story continues below

The survey also revealed that 55% claimed that these holidays offer the chance for grandparents to spend time with grandchildren they don’t often see, with 45% saying it allowed families who live further apart the chance to come together.

When asked what they would look for when booking a multi-generation holiday, the top five features were a great location with lots to do (67%), great facilities for all age groups (65%), a choice of dining options (43%), a range of accommodation in one location (40%), and family or interconnecting room (26%).

Chris Hill, hotels operations director at the House of Daniel Thwaites, said: “We are seeing more extended family groups holidaying together leading to the rise in requests for family and interconnecting rooms. 

“We are in the fortunate position to be able to offer a selection of adaptable accommodation within our hotels, lodges and inns. This allows us to provide an option for all budgets as well as a choice of dining options. All our hotels are located in areas popular with families offering a wide range of places to visit and activities to suit all ages.”

Tags : family holidayhotelsHouse of Daniel ThwaitesMARKET DATAoperatorssurveytravellers
Zoe Monk

The author Zoe Monk

Leave a Response