Following the call for ambitious junior managers, the Master Innholders has selected the eighth cohort of its Aspiring Leaders Diploma (MIALD).
Eighteen driven hotel professionals from across the UK have been given a place on the award-winning management programme, endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality.
Thirty-six shortlisted candidates were interviewed at Innholders Hall on 26 March by a panel of hospitality professionals, including Dr Hilary Cooke, MIALD course leader and owner of Merlin Consultancy, Tim Hassell FIH MI, estates director at Thurlestone Estates, Petra Clayton, founder and managing director of Custard Communications and David Connell FIH MI, general manager of South Lodge, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa.
Commenting on the level of this year’s cohort, Dr Hilary Cooke said: “Every year we are astounded by the high level of applications we receive for the MIALD. Each of the individuals selected for the programme showcase professionalism, enthusiasm to learn and a passion for our industry that cannot be bought. I’m excited to teach and see how this year’s group develop over the next 12 months.”
This year’s Aspiring Leaders will begin the course in April 2019 and visit venues, such as Grosvenor House London, Macdonald Aviemore Resort, The Lowry Hotel Manchester, Novotel London West, Lygon Arms at Broadway, South Lodge, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa and the Victory Services Club, as part of the development programme.
The 2019 Aspiring Leaders are:
- Josh Bates, Hotel operations manager, The Headland Hotel and Spa
- Daniel Dreiseitel, restaurant manager, Whatley Manor Hotel and Spa
- Hannah Gooding, assistant restaurant Manager, The Aviator Hotel
- Jake Greenall, assistant hotel manager, Beaverbrook Country House Hotel & Spa
- Sophie Irvine, reception manager, Oddfellows On The Park
- Dagmara Katlewska, executive housekeeper, RAF Club
- Tamsyn Mann, guest relations manager, Calcot Manor
- Richard O’Dea , assistant f&b manager, The Dorchester Hotel
- Sophie Pine, assistant manager, Thurlestone Hotel
- Danja Schluter, assistant front office manager, The Savoy
- Richard Smith, conference & banqueting manager, The Vineyard, Stockcross
- Kristopher Speechly, F&B manager, The Gainsborough Bath Spa Hotel
- Daniel Thompson, F&B manager, The Lowry Hotel
- Stefanie Trixl, assistant restaurant manager, Lucknam Park Hotel & Spa
- Samuel Turner, assistant manager, Pal� Hall Hotel & Restaurant
- James Wallace, operations manager, Holiday Inn, Winchester
- Jeremy Whitworth, deputy manager, The Montagu Arms Hotel
- Kristie Willis, duty manager, Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa