A former coach house which has been derelict for the last seven years has been unveiled as a new hotel and restaurant after a £1.5m makeover.
Thanks to a grant from the National Lottery and Townscape Heritage Initiative, The Tredegar Arms in South Wales has been transformed into a new hotel after a two-year restoration project.
The business has laid empty since 2012 and also suffered from fire damage to the upper floors leaving the building in a state of disrepair, until the council stepped in to save the property.
The newly-designed hotel now has 10 boutique bedrooms, as well as restaurant and bar facilities and a complete new interiors.
The renovation began in 2017 and included a new slate roof, lime rendering and timber sash windows, allowing the exterior to appear as it was originally designed.
The building was first constructed in 1817 and previously used a coach house.
The new hotel’s general manager is Daniel Jones.