Harbour Hotels is anticipating opening its new Salcombe property prior to Easter 2021 as development work picks up pace.
Once open, the new addition to the coastal portfolio will also offer a new relaxed dining concept for Harbour Hotels that will help to encourage guests to book for more than a few days.
The Salcombe hotel will boast larger bedrooms to appeal to families and that are geared towards longer stays.
Speaking to Boutique Hotelier’s Hot Seat, managing director Mike Warren told Editor Zoe Monk that work at the Tides Reach hotel was ‘coming on well’ with the group looking towards a launch date of April next year as the project remains ‘on track’.
After opening its doors, the hotel will be the second in the Harbour Hotels collection situated in Salcombe with a shuttle service operating between both properties to transport guests.
Warren says: “Our second property in Salcombe in Tides Reach is coming on well and we anticipating launching just prior to Easter next year and it will be a fabulous beachside resort with lots of dining options and something new for Harbour Hotels. We are really looking forward to that.”
Harbour Hotels reopened all of its hotels within the portfolio on July 4, with the exception of Bristol and Richmond and the brand’s two wedding venues, with the group’s coastal locations performing exceptionally well post lockdown.
Warren said that following the fire at Richmond last year which impacted significantly on the spa and one bedroom wing, the hotel will relaunch in November after a rebuild.
He also added that Harbour Hotels is mindful of any opportunities and still on the lookout for new acquisitions, despite the Covid-19 impact.
“When a marketplace gets a jolt like this one you just never know what’s going to come out of it and so we are keeping an eye out, yes,” he adds.