close

Family owners to bring £5m new hotel project to fruition in Northern Ireland

bay view

A family which owns a number of hospitality venues in Northern Ireland is to open a new hotel after a £5m project got the green light from officials.

The 60-bedroom hotel in Bushmills will be built by Portnaboe and be added to the Sweeney family’s growing portfolio of businesses in the area, including The Nook Restaurant, the Bayview Hotel, Portballintrae and self-catering properties.

The new hotel will also include a restaurant and function room.

Story continues below
Advertisement

It has been reported that 80% of the finance for the project will come from bank and personal equity funding, with the remaining 20 per cent from ‘grant funding’.

In September, Ross Sweeney, who lodged the application, was granted planning permission for a new holiday park for 100 mobile homes and caravan pitches in a neighbouring area.

Tags : BushmillshotelsINDUSTRYNORTHERN IRELAND
Zoe Monk

The author Zoe Monk

Leave a Response