Job role: Conference and banqueting manager
Company: Fanhams Hall, part of Exclusive Collection
We have an exciting Conference and Banqueting Manager role at Fanhams Hall, Ware. In this hands-on role, you will ensure the operations run successfully exceeding guest requirements. You will be expected to not only manage the team but also work alongside them, leading by example and demonstrating luxury standards. Weddings, private dinners, Christmas parties, exclusive use events will be just some of the functions you ensure go off without a glitch.
Our successful Conference and Banqueting Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring function room set ups are correctly and our standards are maintained
- Managing back of house areas, maintaining and replenishing where required
- Attend daily meetings to determine function requirements
- Anticipate event needs, respond promptly and create solutions
- On-going training and team development
- Advise and support Assistant Manager and Conference and Banqueting team on a daily basis
- Assist in recruiting full-time and casual teams
- Appraising and performance management of casual and full-time teams
- Promote sales awareness and maximise opportunities
- Create an environment which promotes positive staff morale, encouraging employees to have a pride in the area and their skills ensuring maximum efficiency
- Have a sound knowledge of Audio-Visual requirements; provide technical support to guests and training to staff alike
- Evaluate industry trends and ensure departmental needs are developed to satisfy new demands
Our successful candidate will have…
- Strong Conference and Banqueting or Food & Beverage service background from within the luxury hotel or venue sector
- Outstanding Conference and Banqueting and Food and Beverage knowledge
- This role would suit a strong deputy manager/ assistant manager looking for first HOD role
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing).
- Commercially astute, financially aware.
- Excellent team leadership.
- Highly organised, efficient approach with excellent time management.
- Ability to manage varying needs and ability to prioritise.
- Energy, drive and stamina.
To apply https://www.exclusive.co.uk/people