The finalists of the 2022 Gold Service Scholarship have been announced.
The final of the competition, which celebrates its tenth anniversary this year, will take place on Monday 24 January at Corinthia London.
The eight finalists will be judged by leading figures in the hospitality sector and tasked with looking after a party of four guests, and impressing them with a range of technical and social skills during the course of a lunch.
The new 2022 Gold Service Scholar will then be announced at a gala reception at Claridge’s in February.
The eight finalists are:
- Julien Beltzung, Executive Sommelier, The Glenturret Lalique Restaurant, Perthshire
- Harry Champion, Private Members Club Manager, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
- Max Daglish, Assistant Restaurant Manager, Northcote Hotel, Lancashire
- Manon Gaillard, Senior Footman, Royal Household
- Thomas Gammella, Restaurant Manager, Clockspire Restaurant, Somerset
- Riccardo Migliorini, Chef de Rang, Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester
- Valentina Pirri, Guest Relations Manager, Davies and Brook, Claridge’s
- Anne Rasing, Restaurant Supervisor, Kerridge’s Bar & Grill, Corinthia London
Edward Griffiths, Chairman of the Judges, stated: “This has been another remarkable year for young talent entering the Gold Service Scholarship. In spite of the many challenges that the hospitality industry has faced over the last two years, these candidates have shown exceptional enthusiasm, professionalism, and a dedication to learning, developing their skills, and interacting with like-minded colleagues. The standards have been very high, and it was a challenge to select just eight from the 33 Semi Finalists.”
The Gold Service Scholarship was first launched in 2012 and offers one winner the chance to hone their craft through mentoring, travel and placement opportunities provided by the industry’s most senior service professionals.