Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced his roadmap out of lockdown in four stages as he bids to return England and the economy to normality.
Stage one will be split into two sections:
- all students return to schools and colleges, and school clubs can resume
- Secondary school students will be required to wear masks in class as well as communal areas
- People can meet one other person outside for recreation, not just exercise
- Care home residents allowed one regular named visitor
- Stay at home order remains in place.
- Outdoor gatherings of up to six people or two households allowed, including meeting in private gardens
- Outdoor sports facilities such as tennis and basketball courts and outdoor swimming pools allowed to reopen; organised outdoor sports can resume
- Stay at home order ends but people encouraged to stay local wherever they can
- Work from home wherever possible
- No overseas travel.
- Non-essential retail, hairdressers, nail salons, libraries and museums open
- Outdoor hospitality in pubs and restaurants allowed with households or rule-of-six
- Most outdoor settings reopen such as zoos and theme parks
- Gyms and indoor swimming pools open
- Self catering holiday accommodation and camp sites reopen
- Funerals continue with up to 30 people
- Weddings with up to 15 people.
- Outdoors most social contact rules lifted, up to limit of 30 people
- Mixing indoors allowed for two households, but rule-of-six for indoor hospitality and elsewhere
- Cinemas, soft play centres, rest of accommodation sector, hotels, indoor exercise classes return
- Performances and sporting events resume – larger performances with venues 1,000+ or half full will be allowed indoors and outdoors 4,000 capacity or half full (whichever lowest)
- In very largest outdoor seated venues such as football stadiums up to 10,000 people allowed to attend (or 1/4 full whichever is lowest)
- Up to 30 people can attend weddings, receptions, funerals, wakes.
- All legal limits on social distancing set to be removed.
- All remaining venues permitted to open.
- No limit on wedding or event capacity.