The Woburn Hotel on the Duke of Bedford’s Woburn Estate is to remain closed following the coronavirus lockdown as it becomes ‘not financially as a business’ a spokesperson has confirmed.
A statement on the hotel’s website said: “Having closed our doors on Saturday 21st March following the government directive, it is with much regret that the extremely difficult decision has been made for The Woburn Hotel to remain closed permanently.
“Our dedicated colleagues are now in the process of contacting all our guests who have forthcoming reservations with us.”
Speaking to The Times, a spokeswoman for the Woburn Estate said that the decision had been taken not to reopen the hotel because it was “not financially viable as a business”.
The hotel is situated on the 3,000 acre Woburn Estate in Bedfordshire and was previously known as The Inn at Woburn until 2014 when it changed its name following a refurbishment programme.
The hotel comprises 55 bedrooms and a 2 AA Rosette Olivier’s restaurant.
The closure does not have any impact on the other businesses that make up the Estate, including Woburn Safari Park and Woburn Golf Club.