Words by Criton
Why a hotel app is the solution for a greater guest experience.
Nowadays when it comes to providing a better guest experience, hotels often need to offer not just a great stay but a holistic experience. Modern travellers are increasingly looking for experiential travel and expect hotel staff to know local areas inside out and share information personalised to the guest’s individual preferences.
Communication between staff and customers has never been so important and should be a key part of your hotel’s strategy to improve guest satisfaction. Hotels can engage with guests in different ways from face-to-face interaction to well-designed hotel websites and the latest technological advances.
However, today’s guests expect immediate access to information and a quick response to their requests 24/7. To appeal to the travel-savvy generation, hotels can create their own branded app that can establish an immediate relationship with guests by literally giving them everything they need on their own device.
The human touch with a digital twist
Mobile apps have become an integrated part of our daily life and have fundamentally transformed the way we travel. The global app downloads are projected to reach 352.9 billion by 2021 and hoteliers should get their branded app to future-proof their business.
Criton is an intuitive app builder exclusively for the hospitality industry and lets hoteliers easily create their own branded app. Hotels can increase revenue, increase customer satisfaction, build a stronger relationship, streamline operations and cultivate loyal customers. Here’s how hotels can get the most out of it and engage with valuable guests before, during and after their stay.
- Welcome guests prior to their arrival and send them useful information about your hotel and travel information to make their journey easier.
- Share your local knowledge and let guests make the most of their time by taking in the unique local culture and style.
- Upload images and showcase everything that your hotel has to offer. Invite them to book a table at your restaurant or a treatment in your SPA.
- Communicate easily via in-app messaging. Guests can contact your staff at their convenience and order room service, share concerns or compliments. Business Insider Magazine recently reported that those able to offer in-room F&B ordering can increase revenue by as much as 18%.
- Promote special offers and upsell services by sending push notification. It’s a simple way to upsell and inform guests about last minutes
- Do your guests fancy spending a little longer in bed? With the app you can give them the option of requesting a late check-out.
- And drive engagement with any of your guest facing technology by making it easily accessible in your app
- Encourage guests to leave a review on Google or TripAdvisor. It’s more personal than an anonymous follow-up email and ensures more reviews. Let them fill in feedback forms and voice any concerns before they get published.
- Tap into your guests’ mindset and gain valuable insights about their behaviour, which can be used and leveraged to create personalised experiences.
- If you have multiple properties you can showcase their unique personality in one app to reinforce your brand, increase direct bookings and drive loyalty from new and repeat guests.
Competing with big chain technology
Many big hotel chains already adopt loyalty and booking apps, but now independents have the opportunity to compete. By working with Criton, creating and maintaining your own app is no longer costly or complex. You are in complete control over your content and the information you give to guests.
Engage with your guests on a personal level and enrich and personalise their experiences. To learn more, visit www.criton.com
 Statista: The Statics Portal. 2017