close

Norwich hotel goes into liquidation after failing to pay staff and suppliers

Norwich

A hotel in Norwich has gone into liquidation after failing to pay staff and suppliers for ‘some time’.

From April 1, St Giles House Hotel has appointed insolvency practitioners FA Simms and is now under the control of landlord Roland Duce, who takes over from operators Ensco 1035.

Duce said that all bookings at the 24-bedroom hotel, spa and restaurant will be honoured, and explained that he had “retained the services of key personnel to ensure a continuity of provision, and is keen to develop plans to put the hotel firmly back on course”.

Story continues below
Advertisement

Local press however has since reported that guests arriving for booked appointments have found the doors at the property locked.

This isn’t the first time St Giles House Hotel has faced financial difficulties. The hotel went into liquidation in 2007; minority shareholders Lana and Carleton Van Selman owned a 5% stake in the business, so when the other 95% of shareholders ceased to cover the funding agreement, the couple found they had no money to continue the business and with no other options, placed the business in liquidation. 

They handed the property back to freeholders Sutherland Walk Developments after a multi-million pound refurbishment of the site meant cash flow came under pressure.

Tags : FINANCE & REVENUEliquidationNorwich hotel
Zoe Monk

The author Zoe Monk

Leave a Response