An opportunity to acquire a historic building in the heart of Sussex with ample development potential has come to market.
St Raphael’s is situated to the South of Danehill in East Sussex with the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The building, situated in 23 acres, includes dining and cooking facilities for 60 people and was previously home to 58 residents after operating as a care home.
The home is now closed.
The site also comprises its own chapel, a self-contained two-bedroom apartment and five-bedroom area within the main building, which can be used as additional guest accommodation.
A 10-bedroom staff house is also included in the sale, which is registered as a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) under a planning agreement with Wealden District Council, plus a detached one bedroom bungalow with no planning restrictions. Both properties where rebuilt in 2011.
The property has its own sewage treatment plant and a 235kVA generator with supporting oil & LPG storage tanks. There is also a 24,000l cold water storage tank.
The grounds, including the original property’s 1.6 acre walled garden, are home to a small selection of derelict buildings which would be suitable for refurbishment.
Pathways around the site include an overgrown asphalt tennis court and a small pond.
A Bio-Mass boiler was installed in 2015, to reduce reliance on oil heating, and is registered for the Non-Domestic Renewable Heat Initiative which will continue payments until 2035.
‘Danehurst’ was originally constructed around 1827, designed by Mr Howard Colvin, ’one of the earliest serious students of medical architecture, particularly of The Tudor period’.
The house design was exhibited at The Royal Academy in 1827.
If you wish to obtain further information to arrange a viewing please contact the owners agents:-
Anthony Horton T: 01737 652062
firstname.lastname@example.org M: 07450 847648