The winners of the Dog-Friendly Travels Awards 2019 have now been revealed, with hotels across the UK scooping praise for their pet-welcoming facilities.
Dog travel experts PetsPyjamas, which started in 2014 and now works with more than 4,000 hotels, cottages, country houses and B&Bs in the UK and abroad, has announced the properties leading the pack in dog-friendly travel.
The awards were judged by the following criteria – dog-loving atmosphere and staff at all times; three or more dog-friendly rooms available to book; four-legged access to some of the property’s communal areas and the ability to dine with their owners – special pet menu is a bonus; dog facilities and provisions such as a bed, bowls and treats in the hotel room or cottage; and nearby dog-friendly attractions such as a fabulous doggy walks or a dog-friendly beach.
- Best in Show – Widbrook Grange, Bradford on Avon.
- Most Instagrammable – Bovey Castle & Spa, Dartmoor, Devon.
- Pet-friendly Spa Getaway – The Lygon Arms, Broadway, Worcestershire.
- Best Resident Dog – St Valery, Alnmouth, Northumberland.
- Best for Walkies – Ballathie Country House & Hotel Estate, Stanley, Perth & Kinross.
- Chicest Canine Stay – Lakes By Yoo Estate, Lechlade, Gloucestershire.
- Best for Pet Perks – The Fish Hotel, Broadway, Worcestershire.
- Best New Dogs on the Block – St Michaels Resort, Falmouth, Cornwall.
- Heavenly Hound Hideaways – The Rowley Estates, Penrith.
- Best Dog-friendly Europe – Hotel Plaza Elysees, Paris.
- Best Gourmet Stay – Holbeck Ghyll, Windermere, Lake District.
- Grrreat for Groups – Wilderness, Sibton, Suffolk.
- Fido’s Family Favourites – Woolley Grange, Woolley Green, Wiltshire.
- Best for 5 Paw Luxe – Beaverbrook, Leatherhead, Surrey.
- Dog-friendly Pubs with Rooms – The Bell in Ticehurst, East Sussex.
Co-founder of PetsPyjamas, Denise Elphick comments on the awards: “The hospitality industry is wide awake to the value of the pet pound, with more properties than ever now accepting pets. For PetsPyjamas simply accepting is not enough, our partners must be truly welcoming with extras to make a tag wag. Our annual dog-friendly travel awards give recognition to those properties that excel, and this year we’re thrilled to add some new awards such as Most Instagrammable, which reflect some of the key pet travel trends for 2019.”